Thursday, November 01, 2007

Thank You Hal

I receive a weekly e-newsletter from Hal Runkel of ScreamFree Living and in the most recent newsletter, was the following excerpt. I love it because it sums up how I've been feeling and what I've been thinking, but just couldn't verbalize until now.

I want a child who recognizes the all-important law of sowing and reaping. I am only getting in the way of that if I rescue him from those consequences and allow my disapproval and anger to stand in their place.

When I tell Ashton to put this shirt on because we're leaving soon, or to eat your yogurt now because we're going to bed in five minutes, and when he doesn't do it, I don't want to be the one who goes back on my word and gets all bent out of shape -- it should be him who regrets not obeying!

I love it. I love it. I love it.

1 comment:

EdwinsonFamily said...

I think I love it too.

Hey! Can we be friends on this thing? I have no idea how to work these things. You taught me everything I know with Xanga.. and now I am lost with this newfandangled thing. How did you get your mom, staci, etc. listed on yours?