Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I'm Struggling

As I sat in the recliner in Sadie's room last night rocking her asleep, I felt her tiny cool breath on me as she exhaled. She was asleep and the only light in the room was the moon shining through the blinds. Yet it was just enough for me to see her silhouette. I was saddened at the realization that Sadie is getting big. She's not my "little baby" any more. She talks (okay hollers), laughs at jokes, is smart (understands no and pushes the limits anyway), and is getting tall! Especially now that I can compare how far Ashton has come since the day he was born, I can see how Sadie is quickly on the road to being as big as Ashton. It makes me sad that soon I will not be rocking her, holding her as she sleeps. Aaron often jokes around with Ashton asking him if he will still (fill in the blank) when he's in high school; I suppose Aaron talking like that doesn't help me.

Plus I wish I had more time alone with Ashton.

1 comment:

EdwinsonFamily said...

It IS amazing how quickly time passes. I keep looking at Hunter wondering why he looks so much like a little boy looking back at me. Each stage is exciting, but you have to wonder what happened to the last one! Thank goodness high school is far away (Shayla, it is, isn't it?)...
I'm suspecting we are both more intensely feeling this way because of our excitement over new life among our friends? I think that's true for me at least. Baby fever has got me. I had better get content with my family "as is" though. It's up to the Lord.
She's still little Shay. Enjoy each little rock in the moonlight! What a beautiful picture!