Saturday, March 28, 2009

Stranger Things Have Happened...


...but this is this most recent mystery: Sadie has started adding "-ia" [pronouned eeh-uh] to the end of her nouns, especially people's names. It started yesterday when she kept calling me "Mom-ia." I was about to go bonkers by the end of the day! I don't know why it bothered me so, but it did. :) And Daddy or Da-da has been replaced by "Dad-ia." I guess Ash-ia is too hard to say so Sadie calls Ashton "Idea." When we correct her, she just says, "no, Idea," reinforcing her original pronunciation. If I didn't know better, I would be afraid that Sadie was regressing in her speech! Here she used to speek good, but now this! I am trying to not let it get to me, and I don't correct her very often because I don't want this to become a control issue / attention-getter, so hopefully this silly talk will end soon. ;)


Sadie also has a thing for pointing out all other babies that she sees in public (nevermind some of them are as old as her, maybe even older). Last night Aaron took the kids to play at The Toy Store while I grocery shopped, and when we all got home he told me that Sadie saw a 4 or 5 year-old girl in the store and pointed at her and said, "bab-ia"!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hey Shayla...
I don't know if you remember me from ESU or not, but linked in on you from Fern's blog! :) I LOVE that your daughters name is SADIE! My little girls name is also Sadie! I was showing her pics of your little one today... she thinks they should be friends since they have the same name! ;) Too fun! Have a great day!