Thursday, February 14, 2008

Around Our House

We are going through another phase at the Belland house, or should I say zoo. One day Ashton wanted in baby Sadie's (there I go again -- calling her Baby Sadie, as if that was her proper name) crib. He climbed in and somebody brought it up that the crib is like a cage. Next thing I know, Ashton is pretending he's a caged giraffe. Well, that was at least a month ago and now here we are. Ashton no longer calls Sadie by her name like he used to; now she is "baby giraffe." Aaron and I are "zookeepers," and not just when "big brother giraffe" is in his cage; sometimes when big brother giraffe needs help on the toilet, even then he'll yell for one of his zookeepers. Ashton loves being a giraffe in Sadie's crib -- he takes naps, eats hay (megablocks), and does tricks for the zookeepers. Well, for the longest time, whenever both Aaron and I are off work, we refer to those days as "MommyDaddyAshyBabySadie" days. But as I was tucking Ashton into bed tonight and informing him of another MommyDaddyAshyBabySadie day to come tomorrow, he corrected me. It's a "BabyGiraffeBigBrotherGiraffeZookeeperOtherZookeeper day" tomorrow!

Another Ashton quirk: Ashton is a very neat, tidy, organized boy. He's always been bothered by drawers and cupboard doors not being completely closed. He takes a garment off and puts it in the hamper before he takes another piece off. He carries the tissue paper from his gift bag to the trash can before pulling out the actual gift. So I knew he was orderly, but I was reminded just how observant and organized he is when I went to reach in the refrigerator for the Velveeta cheese and instead grabbed the Glad Press'n Seal!? I guess because the Press'n Seal box looks so much like the Velveeta box, he thought the Press'n Seal was mistakenly placed in the aluminum foil drawer when it should be in the refrigerator right next to the other Velveeta cheese box!

Well it is Valentine's Day (thanks hun for the beautiful roses and calla lillies) and here I am sitting in my sweats and a t-shirt. But Aaron will be home from work any minute now so I think I will go change into something a little *sweeter*.

No comments: